One the most popular French cuisine is Quiche recipe. This recipe is mostly famous in Britain for breakfast specially, but you can have quiche recipe even for dinner. It is an open-faced pastry crust with a filling of savory custard filled with cheese, meat, seafood, or vegetables. In Britain they also serve this recipe as a party food and it can be consumed cold or hot.
Today I am making an easy quiche recipe that my friend has sent me via email. I made few changes and added few spices and vegetables to bring more color and flavors to the food. It got chorizo sausages, diced tomatoes, onion and black beans. I tried to make this recipe as healthy as possible and instead of sour cream or any cream, I used Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is healthy and fat-free but if you don’t like Greek yogurt you can also add skimmed milk into this recipe.
Note: To make this recipe healthier; you can also add Asparagus, Spinach, mushrooms etc. the veggies and topping are absolutely your wish. If you have kids at home such recipes always help to make them eat the veggies.
The recipe is here –
This recipe can serve up to 6 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
- 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- ½ cup chorizo sausage, cooked and finely chopped
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- ½ can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 8 ounces sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5-6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Smooth out pie crust and place in pie plate; set aside.
- Now put chorizo, beans and tomatoes over the crust. (or any vegetable or meat you want)
- Combine Knorr Chicken flavor Bouillon, sour cream or yogurt, eggs, garlic powder, ground cumin in a medium bowl and pour into pastry shell. Later sprinkle the cheese over this mixture. Bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
It’s a fuss-free and fail-proof quiche recipe that you can try at home. Although the number of calorie is too much in the classic quiche because of heavy cream or sour cream but if you can replace it with yogurt or milk then it becomes healthier. There are many simple recipes that you can try like, instead of bacon you can use ham or chicken. Cooking is all about looking out for some new alternatives in the recipe and try to come up with something new and interesting each time. Play with flavors and aroma!
Serve this dish with a nice drink. Kids love this recipe too. I hope you will also like this recipe. If you have any interesting filling ideas for quiche, you can comment below. Till then stay healthy and fabulous.