Simple and easy pasta salads at times act like a rescuer. You can make this recipe one night before and take it to lunch. Or if you want to have this dinner, make it in the morning before you leave for work and let it refrigerator. Once you will back home, open your fridge and dig into the bowlful of goodness. This recipe is in fact healthy and by adding lots of veggies this recipe could be a great solution to make your kid eat vegetables. The interesting twist to this recipe is to add hollandaise sauce to give it that creamy texture and taste.
This recipe is perfect for summers and also it can be served as a delicious side dish. It’s easy to make and super yummy; kids love this recipe too; in fact kids can make this recipe too. Serve it in lunch or dinner it’s up to you but this pasta sides can be made easily at any given time. For me, this pasta salad is a perfect dinner idea solution. However, this recipe needs proper refrigeration time so I ideally cook it in the morning and keep it in the fridge for chilling. If you want to have to in lunch make it one night before, because the longer you will refrigerate; the tastier it will be.
My husband and my kids love this recipe, in fact this is one of my favorite party or family get together as a side dishes. Anyways without wasting time; let’s cook –
This recipe can serve up to 8 servings (1/2 cup each)
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours with refrigeration
- 3 ½ cups rosella pasta or you can also use bowtie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large sweet onion chopped
- ½ of an English cucumber chopped
- 6-8 oz. package cherry tomatoes (cut in half) or chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped (optional)
- 24 oz. Coleslaw Dressing
- 12 oz. hollandaise sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dry pizza seasoning
- Cook pasta according to directions given on package. Add pinch of salt and olive oil to the boiling water. Drain and wash it under cold running water and keep it aside.
- Put all your chopped ingredients into a large bowl. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Now, pour about ½ of the jar of slaw dressing on these chopped veggies and eggs. Stir to coat. Note: We have boiled pasta in salt to add salt accordingly for the veggies only.
- Add pasta and the remaining slaw dressing. Sprinkle the pizza seasoning over this. Or just dry basil seasoning.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours. Serve cold.
Note: After refrigeration if salads looks little dry add little dressing more or if you like you can add extra virgin olive oil to enhance the taste (only if you like olive oil). Or add hollandaise sauce to enhance the taste more.
I hope you like this recipe, for more healthy and easy recipes, keep following the blog. I will share more interesting recipes in coming future. Take care and happy cooking!