When summers are about to knock the door everyone seems excited to have all those Sunday brunches with your loved ones and family. It’s the time when everyone in family ask you to put on a grill. Barbecuing and grilling is the favorite pass time for summers and who don’t like grilled meat and vegetables.
Barbecuing just enhances the flavors and taste of meat but what you have to remember is proper marinade and perfect grilling at perfect temperature is the most vital part. In today’s post, we will talk about flank steak marinade. The most versatile and accepted recipe. There are plenty of recipes to try, each time the marinade and spices changes, the flavors changes accordingly. Some of them are classic and authentic recipes, some are contemporary, some are quick and easy recipe. Just pick one and you are ready to rock the summers.
Cooking steak at home is always fun and there are plenty of reasons to enjoy. Lay your BBQ outside your house, ask your husband to cook and grill, call your friends, put some drink bars outside, soak under the sun and enjoy wonder flank steak recipe with all.
Whether you use coco-cola or wine or vinegar to make a marinade, it’s important to soak the steak properly in the marinade so that steak soak the flavors and moisture therefore while grilling meat doesn’t get dry. Serve it with fresh salads, mashed potatoes or whatever side dishes you prefer. Let’s not waste any time and start grilling –
This recipe serves up to 6 servings
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 ½ lb. rinsed and patted dry, fat trimmed beef flank steak
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 oranges, squeeze the juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (dried)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients above except the steak. Now over the steak add the marinade and in a 1-gallon zip-lock plastic bag, marinade for at least an hour. And for best results leave it overnight.
- Keep shaking the bag, make sure steaks are properly dipped in the marinade.
- Now once you are ready, take the steak and discard the left marinade. Now lay on oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or medium-high heat on a gas grill; close lid on gas grill. Cook steak, turning in every 4 to 5 minutes, until it is browned on both sides and done to your liking in center of thickest part (cut to test), for about 12 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a rimmed board or a platter. Let rest 3 to 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the meat and squeeze some orange juice (if needed) and add salt to taste.
Note – Time may vary as per the size of the steak and according to temperature. Always test whether meat is cooked inside out or not but also don’t overcook it otherwise it will lose the taste and will become dry and chewy.
I hope you have enjoyed this easy recipe. If you have any query feel free to contact me or drop a comment.
Till then stay healthy and fabulous.