Like other moms, my concern has always been what different and nutritious to cook for my kids. Growing children need protein, vitamins and minerals in their diet which helps in their overall brain and body development. My kids do not like to eat vegetables such as spinach, peas, and carrots at all. So I always try to use them in pizzas, pastas, noodles and rolls. But that cannot provide the entire nutrition of vegetables as in pastas and pizzas only small quantity of them is added. I always used to look for something wherein I can cook vegetables as the main ingredient. I came to know about vegetable quiche recipe which can be served as a light dinner, breakfast, brunch or lunch.
Recipe Serves- 6 Preparation Time- 10 min Cooking Time- 50 min
- 1 package Knorr® Spring Vegetable recipe mix
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach which is thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 eggs and 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (9-in.) frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven and baking sheet upto temperature of 350°.
- Take a large bowl and then beat eggs with a wire whisk.
- Now beat and mix all the ingredients such as milk, cheese, spinach and also Knorr® Spring vegetable recipe mix.
- Pour the entire mixture of the bowl into pie crust.
- Place the pie on the baking sheet and also bake it for 50 minutes.
- Keep on making the pie till the time knife is inserted halfway between center and the final edge of the quiche comes out clean.
This recipe provides a better alternative to do piecing together of the nutritious vegetables that we love and also do a little bit of experiment with Swiss cheese which is an important ingredient for making quiches. The basic formula behind making the appealing quiche recipe is blending together mild egg and strong cheese.
Spinach goes well with onion, egg, mushroom, bacon, garlic and feta cheese that adds a different flavor and a salty touch to it. Some quiche recipes take much time to cook, so in order to reduce the preparation time I prefer to use the refrigerated pie crust. Now my kids have started eating vegetables especially they like the taste of the spinach quiche recipe served with their favorite sausages.
Hope the readers of this blog would like to try this nutritious and easy to make recipe at home and serve it to their family members.
All those who would like to try this recipe at home are invited to share their experiences below via comments at the end of this blog write-up.