Chicken fried rice with its origin from Chinese is one of the most loved and extremely popular food found across the world. Actually it is not very difficult to make the fried rice and many other ingredients can be added to it. Fried rice can be made with other types of meat but chicken is usually the one which everyone likes.
This dish is made worldwide and each country has its own recipes and different methods of cooking it. One tip for making chicken fried rice dish is to use chilled rice. If freshly cooked rice is used it will not only give it a good texture but will make it tastier. Also another tip is that let the rice chill the whole night to let it get rid of excess moisture and make it firmer and hence less easy to separate.
Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 13 min Yields: 6 servings
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 garlic cloves minced and medium size
- 1/2 cup uncooked scallion, chopped, green and white parts
- 12 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup uncooked and diced carrot
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, regular or instant, kept hot
- 1/2 cup of frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- Take a large nonstick skillet and then coat it with cooking spray.
- Next take a pan and put it over medium-high heat. Now add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, while stirring frequently for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and remove pan from gas stove and set it aside.
- Again in a skillet recoat it with a cooking spray and put it back over medium-high heat.
- Now add scallions and garlic; sauté it for 2 minutes then add chicken and carrots.
- Cook till the time chicken is cooked through wait till 5 minutes untill it turns golden brown.
- Mix in reserved cooked egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute.
- Yields are about 1 cup per serving.
- Serve this hot with your favorite sauce and seasonings.
You can add other various ingredients such as red peppers, sliced mushroom and spring onions to it and try to add some other innovations to make this chinese dish a hit.
Just try this recipe and post your comments at the end of this blog. As this recipe of rice is something that we all will relish to eat at lunch or dinner as it’s quite filling for the entire family.