Fried Boneless Chicken breast recipe, sounds astonishing but also make us little conscious about that increasing waist line. So, what should be a solution to it? Well, try for some healthy alternatives instead of the traditional method and make this recipe less-guilt if not totally guilt free for 100%.
There is always a confusion whether to marinade the chicken pieces or not! Some says marinating is important but there are some people who don’t believe in marinating. They says it hardly affects the taste of chicken. Anyways I fall under the category who believes in marinating. It helps chicken to absorb that extra moisture and flavors plus it also helps in making the chicken juicy and tender. There are many ways to marinade a chicken recipe. Starting from simple seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice to alcohol marinating. What I like the most is, marinating in buttermilk or yogurt. It turns any simple recipe into a scrumptious, juicy and delightful recipe. Additionally, it’s healthy too!
Okay for this recipe, I’m using electric fryer you can also use traditional skillet pan for frying. In an electric fryer what I like the most is that you can control the temperature and frying can be done in a perfect temperature which don’t make any recipe over-cooked or over-fried and it maintains the juiciness and crunchiness on skin at the same time.
Anyways let’s begin the journey of this less-guilt chicken breast recipe –
This recipe can serve up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 4-5 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/3-inch of thickness
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- Olive oil or vegetable oil (for frying)
- Whisk 5 ingredients of marinade expect the chicken breast pieces in a medium bowl and season it with pepper. Add chicken breasts to bowl; turn to coat. Cover and let marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight in a refrigerator.
- Now place a wire rack inside a baking sheet lined with paper towels; set aside. Whisk flour and next 5 ingredients in a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold 1 chicken breast at a time. Remove 1 chicken breast from buttermilk mixture, allow to drip off the excess mixture. Smear flour mixture, turning to coat evenly. Carefully place on that prepared rack. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Let stand it for 10 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over and sprinkle any moist parts with flour mixture.
- Now take a fryer and pour oil for frying. Set the temperature to 350-360o F. (if you are frying in a traditional method, check the temperature with cooking thermometer). Now, fry turning once, until chicken is golden brown and cooked thoroughly, for about 8-10 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a clean rack to drain any excess oil.
A simple and absolutely delightful and mouthwatering chicken recipe is ready to serve. Serve it with grilled veggies and mashed potatoes with some sauce or dip to go along with it. Recently I went to an Indian restaurant and they serve this amazing mint and yogurt dip. This dip would go perfect with this recipe. In my next post I will share the recipe of this mint and yogurt dip. Till then, stay fit and stay fabulous.