One of my favorite side dish for Thanksgiving is Stuffed Bell Pepper with baked chicken and Rice. It’s not just simple to make but it’s scrumptious too. The flavors and herbs are not very bold but it just melts in the mouth. All you need is some baked chicken or you can use leftover chicken pieces too.
Thanksgiving is all about turkey but making some simple dishes like baked chicken recipes are also worth for this day. I prefer chicken dishes in the side dishes. Believe me once you will try this recipe you will make it each day, it’s that yummy. Ideally you can use brown rice or wild rice for this recipe, but I used Chicken fried rice and added baked chicken pieces into this with some veggies and simply stuffed them in bell peppers and baked it for 20-25 minutes. The aroma and flavors are such that it can beat any Chinese restaurant near you.
Simply baked chicken breast pieces in an oven seasoned with salt and pepper and prepare the chicken fried rice as instructions given in the package. For this recipe, you can use any bell pepper whether it’s green, yellow or red. The added veggies, not just improves the flavors but it make the recipe healthy too.
Let’s not waste anymore of time and jot down the ingredients first and later the procedure –
This recipe can serve up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Total: 1 hour
- 4 large bell peppers (red, green, yellow, I am using green peppers for this recipe)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups diced baked or cooked chicken
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounce) Knorr’s chicken fried rice
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrots
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place upside down on paper towels; set aside.
- Now in a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the chicken, broth, rice with contents of seasoning packet, celery, carrot, basil and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the tomatoes and mushrooms in it. Now, spoon rice mixture into the peppers; place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Similarly, spoon the remaining rice mixture around peppers.
- Lastly, cover and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake it for 5 minutes more or till the cheese is melted.
. And it’s done! Well you can also try this recipe after thanksgiving with turkey leftovers. So, enjoy this scrumptious and delightful chicken recipe with your loved ones this festive season. If you have any query or suggestion feel free to comment. Happy Cooking! :)