When I talk about Bolognese sauce it’s the most versatile recipe you can actually work in the kitchen. Its family friendly, not expensive to make and is so damn tasty. You can store it, reheat it and its leftovers recipes are pretty amazing. This recipe is probably a good recipe to try. You can load this recipe with oodles of vegetables to make it kid’s friendly if they are the picky eater at home.
In today’s post, I will share what all you can cook with Bolognese sauce. As a fresh recipe and also as a leftover. I will share top 10 recipes that one should try with Bolognese sauce. As we all know, Bolognese sauce is a perfect Italian sauce used over pasta recipes for the years. It is basically a mix of ground beef or pork or any mix of minced meat which is being cooked for hours in milk, wine, tomatoes, and vegetables. This sauce is actually ideal for spaghetti or angle hair pastas, however it is used with any kind of pasta you have at home, and it also goes well with Lasagna.
- Beef Bolognese sauce in Pasta – It’s nothing but a bowl full of spaghetti or any pasta with oodles of this sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
- Baked Potatoes – Simply bake some potatoes in an oven. Now scoop out some of the potato flesh and fill it with Bolognese sauce with shredded cheese over it. Bake it till cheese gets melted. It’s an amazing side recipe for your dinner.
- Lasagne – One of the classic recipe made from Bolognese sauce. It’s a family favorite recipe which is loved by all.
- Toasted sandwiches – Best way to use Bolognese leftover for any lunch. Simply grill or toast some sauce in a sandwich with grated cheese. Simple and easy recipe for lunch as well as for dinner.
- Cottage Pie - Make Cottage Pie by filling a baking dish to halfway with Bolognese sauce then top with creamy mashed potato. Bake it for about 35-40 minutes or until its golden from the top and piping hot.
- Mashed Potatoes – If you want to add the twist to your boring mashed potatoes; simple add some sauce in the middle of the mashed potatoes and serve. It taste just great.
- Tortilla Bake – With a batch of Bolognese sauce; make a layered Tortilla Bake in an oven. Serve with salad for a tasty and complete meal.
- Tacos – Put some hot tacos with the Bolognese sauce then add sweet chili sauce, tomato salsa, lettuce and cheese and you have an amazing lunch to serve.
- Chili con carne – Add a can of drained black beans, finely chopped red chilies, capsicums and a bit of Tabasco and cook through to make a Texas style chili con carne. In fact instead of kidney beans, you may add baked beans or a cup of frozen or tin of drained corn kernels too.
- Baked pasta – Take some cooked pasta like penne, top it with plenty of this sauce and grated cheese preferably smoked cheese or any hereby cheese like mozzarella or Parmesan. Sprinkle some chopped basil leaves and bake it in an oven proof dish at 350 degree F.
I hope you like these suggestions, make it in bulk, freeze and use later whenever needed. If you too have easy recipes with Bolognese sauce you can share with us.