I simply love pasta and one of the major reason behind my liking is its versatility and great taste. There are plenty of pasta sauces that you can try; and it’s not just easy to make but few of them are really healthy too i.e. less in fat and rich in vital nutrients. Among this category spaghetti sauce is one that I love the most.
The tangy tomato flavors are perfect to go with chicken, seafood like shrimps, tofu or any preferred vegetables you like. Personally I like to make spaghetti sauce at home but today market is flooded with canned spaghetti sauce so if you don’t have much of time to spend in kitchen, getting these bottled jars are always preferred. Home-made spaghetti sauce don’t last for more than a week or so. So I would suggest to not make this recipe in bulk if you have few members at home.
One day my friend, Stacy shared this recipe of her with me. And I really like the approach and the way she cooked it. The recipe was simply perfect and above that, it was super easy. She didn’t add any meat in this recipe which makes it perfect for vegan people and for those who follows meatless Mondays.
Today I am sharing Stacy’s recipe however, I made few changes in this recipe. So let’s begin –
This recipe cooks up to 10 cups
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 84 ounces of fresh crushed tomatoes
- 10-12 crushed or chopped pitted olives (black or green)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper and salt (or to taste)
- ½ red paprika powder (optional)
- In a large pot or saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic till it fragrances. Now add onion, and green pepper and sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the onion and pepper are tender and turned translucent and pink in color (cooked), stirring frequently.
- At the end, add all the remaining ingredients and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer and cover for 1 hour, or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
I hope you have enjoyed this simple and easy recipe. Do let me know how did you find it? If you have any query or suggestion please write it to us. Till then, stay healthy and gorgeous.