Everyone I meet or have met likes to eat pork chops but at the same time, everyone has different recipe for it. I mean I can’t even tell you how many version I have seen of this simple pork chops. People cook them in everything possible- whiskey, cheese, okra etc.
The flavors of pork chops are such that it goes well with everything. You can simply grill it, or you can pressure cook it. Cooking easy pork chop recipe i think is not very difficult. All you have to do is to make up your mind about whether you want to grill it, cook it, put them in slow cooker etc. Once you know what you are looking for you can find the recipes easily.
To show the versatility of this amazing food, let’s cook pork chops in a little different style, let’s cook pineapple pork chops-
- 4 pork chops loin (4 racks)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tin of canned pineapple (drained and cut in chunks)
- Salt & pepper (as per taste)
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ½ tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 can of yams (drained and cut in chunks)
- Take a bowl and combine flour, salt & pepper. Coat the pork chops nicely. If you like to have a crispy pork chops than you can repeat the coating twice with the egg coating. Give them the resting time for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now, take a heavy base pan and heat vegetable oil on the medium-high heat. Once, the oil is warm, cook the pork chops for about 6-7 minutes each side. Make sure that you do not dark brown them. They should be light brown in color.
- In another bowl, squeeze the pineapples (make sure that you are not making the puree of them) to take some juice out of them. Mix this juice with brown sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Add this mixture over cooked pork chops and give a very nice stir. Make sure that the sauce is coated all over the pork chops. Cook this for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add yam and stir. Let this cook for about 15-17 minutes with lid closed.
- Serve hot with sticky rice.
If you have kids at home, they will love this recipe because they like the sweet and sour combination in the dishes. My kids literally lick the plates whenever I cook this dish. It is actually to fun to create pork chops like this because most of us grill and eat them.