Tuesday 24 June 2014

Let’s Explore Different Culture, let’s Cook Something Mexican Tonight

I love exploring the culture of different countries. It gives me lots of vision as well as knowledge about the world. I read a lot of different countries and their food online whenever I get time. I really like Indian and Italian cuisine because in both the culinary world, they give importance to spices and vegetables.

I have learned lots of Indian dishes from my friend Neha. I think, I have told you about her in my earlier post as well. The other day only, I was sitting with her and poking her to teach me how to cook an Indian desert called- Gajar ka Halwa. In return, she asked me to teach her some Mexican dish.

After telling her how to cook some of the Mexican food, I thought of dedicating this post to her… J. Thank you for being in my friend neha. This one is for you.

So, let me share this Mexican soup recipe with you all which is easy to cook and delicious to eat. This is my favorite soup and today I will be sharing tortilla soup recipe with you all. There are so many alterations which one can make to this soup recipe. It is a soup which can be served cold and hot, both ways. This soup has crunchiness and I have seen so many people who like to have this soup very hot. 

The recipe for this soup is-



 Ingredients:
  • 1 kg of fire roasted tomatoes
  • 4 cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed)
  • 1 ½ tbsp. of cilantro (try and get it fresh)
  • ½ tbsp. of sugar
  • 10 cups chicken stock (I use knorr stock cubes for making chicken stock)
  • 1 kg of chicken (boneless chicken breast pieces)
  • Rice
  • Tortilla chips
  • 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Method-
  • Take a heavy base pan and put olive oil in that. Cook the chicken for about 20 minutes until it becomes golden from the outside. Make sure that none of the chicken pieces remain pink from the inside. Check with food thermometer, it should be around 160 degree Fahrenheit.
  • Till the time the chicken is cook, take a blender and put the can of tomatoes (untrained), sugar, garlic, and cilantro. Blend them until it is smooth.
  • Cut the cooked chicken pieces into cubes and keep it aside.
  • Now take another pan and add chicken stock to it. As I told you because I use knorr chicken stock, I do not add salt to this dish. Once, the stock is boiling, add the mixture from the blender and chicken pieces.
  • Add 2-3 chipotle peppers into the soup. You can adjust the hotness of the soup as per your taste.
  • Reduce the heat and cook this soup for next 20-25 minutes.
  • Season it with pepper as per your taste. (add salt if you are not using salted stock cubes)
  • Serve the soup with tortilla chips.
I can assure you that you will like this soup so much that you would want to cook this on regular basis. I cook this soup once a week and you can also have this soup in the next day afternoon. Do comment and let me know how you have liked the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment