There are many recipes of ground beef and there are plenty of ways of making this meat. Starting from warm chili to sloppy Joes, to the most famous meatloaf recipe. There are plenty of ground beef recipes available on online cooking sites and as well as in cooking books.
Recently, I was surfing internet for some work and an email came across containing this amazing recipe. The concept just hits me at the very first place. Chili topped potato, a perfect combination of baked potatoes and hearty chili recipe. This recipe is surely satisfying and super scrumptious. One more worthy thing about this recipe is that you can store this recipe and the leftovers, they just need to be reheated before serving.
Although I have made quite a lot alternations as per the spices. The original recipe potato takes away the spices. This recipe itself is a completely meal as instead of mashed potato you served baked potato and chili recipe over these potatoes. This recipe can be made even in a busy weeknight.
Anyways without wasting any time let’s start cooking this amazing recipe –
This recipe serves up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 or 2 (1 1/4-ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope Ranch-style dressing mix
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or paprika powder
- 1 cups water
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions
- Cook ground beef, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and return to pan. Stir in pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, tomatoes and chilies, taco seasoning, ranch style dressing, paprika powder, Dijon mustard and water; bring it boil. Reduce the heat, and stir occasionally for about 20 minutes or so or till its cooked and tender.
- Now take the potatoes and prick them severally with a fork.
- Now put these potatoes in microwave 1 inch apart on paper towels at HIGH settings for 14 minutes or until done, turning and rearranging after 5 minutes. Let it stand for 2 minutes. Split potatoes, and top evenly with chili. Serve with desired toppings. Before serving the chili over potatoes drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Tip – If you have chili as a leftover then you can do the same thing. Just prick the potatoes, bake them and after splitting serve warm chili over them. I made this recipe with ground beef you can make it with turkey too. In fact try this recipe with 3 bean vegetarian chili recipe. Play with the flavors. If you like some can drizzle some fresh lemon juice to uplift the flavors more. You can serve this recipe on any busy weekday lunch or dinner
I hope you like this recipe. If you have any suggestion or feedback please share it with me. Enjoy the recipe and happy eats. Take care!