Tuesday 24 December 2013

Almost Merry Christmas – My Christmas Dinner Menu!

Christmas is here and we all are damn excited about the fact. In California Christmas is not about snow and sledge. It’s about Santa and Sea. Soaking in the sun and enjoying the pleasantly cold weather. And if you feel like surfing on the surf board and sing carols. LOL :D



Anyways California is famous for its amazing weather for 12 days of Christmas holidays. If I talk about my family then my relatives come all the way from different places to California to enjoy this weather, soak in the sun and definitely to spend some memorable moments with each other.

For us Christmas dinner and lunches are like having a picnic. Everyone in the family make something this day so I am mostly out of the kitchen and rest members contribute. My husband also wears the chef cap although I have to arrange everything so that they don’t make my kitchen a mess. *ahh I can’t stand in a messy kitchen*

So, what we do is plan the menu beforehand, I ask everyone what all they can cook or want to cook. There is brainstorming, suggestions and ideas in short a complete ciaos even in planning our dinner menu and even for lunch ideas. I mostly jot down the ideas in paper and later make a final menu what all we are making for day.

MY CHRISTMAS MENU FOR 2013 is –

Appetizer:
  • Shrimp Cocktail
  • Artichoke Dip
  • Oyster Soup
  • Fresh Salad

Main Course:
Desserts:
  • Peanut butter nut fudge
  • Christmas Cookies
  • Christmas pudding
  • Choco nut cupcakes


I am wishing you a wonderful Christmas and I hope your Christmas is filled with joy, happiness and love. I wish you an amazing new year too. Let’s pray together that each person get the thing what they desire for, what they really deserve. All love, affection, success, joy and togetherness. We all have some small desires some huge desires; let’s pray this Christmas Jesus Christ give you everything that you need! Amen.

At the end, I just want to conclude with one of my favorite Christmas Carol composed by Franz Xaver Gruber in 1818 called Silent Night.

Silent night, Holy night
All is calm, all is bright.
Round yon virgin, mother and child
Holy infant so, tender and mild.
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

Silent night, Holy night
Shepherds quake, at the sight.
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly, hosts sing Hallelujah.
Christ the Savior is born,
Christ the Savior is born.

Silent night, Holy night
Son of God, love's pure light.
Radiant beams from thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord at thy birth
Jesus, Lord at thy birth.

Love
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment