December is here, Christmas is just around the corner and we all are busy organizing everything at home. Everyone is busy in shopping and buying presents for everyone. Mostly we spend our time in buying new stuffs, deciding menus, making list of important things that need to be finished off before Christmas etc. However, by the dinner time we get so tired that we hardly like to cook anything. So, what we mostly do is order some pizza for family. But eating pizza all day long doesn't make any sense. So, what can be an alternative, try some quick and easy recipes instead.
Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli could be an option. We all have tried many varieties of this recipe in fact I have made this recipe like millions of time. And in all these attempts I really liked this recipe which I am going to share today. This recipe is simple and can be made in less time. For the Alfredo sauce, I am using a prepackaged pasta sides from Knorr as it is simple to make and the flavors are just perfect for this recipe. Add some grilled veggies and you are good to go.
I tried to make this recipe healthy. So, I used skimmed milk instead of whole and I completely omitted parmesan cheese from this recipe. For more flavors I used homemade chicken broth for this recipe. This recipe can be made in less than 30 minutes including the preparation time. Let’s not waste more time and start with cooking –
This recipe can serve up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 minutes | Total: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (divided)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup skimmed milk
- 1 package Knorr’s pasta sides – Alfredo
- Take 2 tablespoon of olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 garlic minced and chicken pieces into the skillet pan. Stirring frequently cook chicken thoroughly for 5 minutes or more. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Now in the same skillet pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat and cook bell pepper for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in broccoli, tomatoes, broth, water and milk. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Knorr Italian Sides - Alfredo. Return to a boil, then cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Now add the chicken pieces to skillet and heat through. Serve hot.
Chicken Alfredo recipe is so comforting, creamy and warm that you would like to make this recipe often in chilly nights.
P.S. If you feel like, you can add Parmesan cheese on the top to garnish and to make this creamier. That’s completely up to you, but believe me even without adding cheese you are not missing any flavors here.