I made this recipe before and it’s like my favorite recipe, it’s crispy, delicious and moreover it’s healthy. This recipe is such a hit that I am planning to serve this in Christmas dinner as a side dish with Chicken. This recipe is even approved by the picky eaters like my husband. Today’s recipe is simple and really easy to make.
I am going to use whole green beans. Green beans are very low in calories; I guess it’s about 31 kcal per 100 g of raw beans and contain no saturated fat (good for weight watchers). Nonetheless, this lean vegetable is a very good source of vitamins, minerals, and plant derived micronutrients. It’s an excellent source of Vitamin-A, Vitamin-B6, thiamin, poly phenolic antioxidants and Vitamin-C etc.
So, if you are looking for a healthy and tasty appetizer this could be one solution. This recipe is damn simple and you can serve this as an appetizer or side dish for lunch or dinner recipe. You just need 3 basic ingredients (excluding salt and pepper) and you are ready to go for this recipe.
This recipe can –
Yield: 4 servings
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
I would like to hear from you all (especially mothers) whether your loved ones (kids) liked it or not. You can drop your comments in the section below. You can also ask any query if you have one.
You need –
- 4 cups of fresh beans or 1 bag (14 oz.) of frozen whole green beans
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, and spray it with a cooking spray
- Take beans, I am using fresh green beans, so I just washed them and snip off the ends.Note: If you are using frozen green beans, pop the bag of green beans in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until just thawed (or you could leave them out at room temperature for a few hours).
- Place green beans on a ready baking pan, making sure they are evenly spread out, and none are laying on top of each other, (otherwise it will not be crispy)!
- Sprinkle seasonings and parmesan cheese evenly over green beans.
- Now, put the green beans in pre-heated oven and bake it for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy!
Serving tip: Enjoy immediately with low sugar ketchup or dipping sauce of choice.
This is one of the simplest dinner idea one can try. If you have some interesting dinner ideas that you are trying this festive season, do share with us. Till then stay gorgeous and be happy. Take care!